Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Jewelry

I've been in love with rocks,gems,pearls,shells anything that comes out of the earth or sea for most of my life. When I was a little girl 7-9yr I used to take apart my mother's jewelry and put it back together, my father always told me it looked better then when he bought it. He was a geologist and sometimes he would take me with him on his trips and we would find fools gold(pyrite) and any other pretty or shiney stone that happened to be lying about. He took me to the beach in the summer and the winter and we would walk along the shoreline and look for small delicate shells. On Sunday's he would often take me to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum to "look at the rocks". I started making jewelry for other people in 1990. I work with 14kt on request, 14ktgold filled because it's what most people can afford ,sterling silver and fine silver for delicately wrapped things. I work with cut stones, natural stone beads, glass beads, and pearls..I get my inspiration from nature. My pieces are all one of a kind. I just got a new camera so the quality of my pictures on my Etsy site will be better The Nest Designs. One of a kind jeweler

No comments: